Call for papers
Human and Organisational Factors in Planning and Scheduling Conference
8 - 9 September 2008, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
We are glad to announce the first international conference on human and organisational factors in planning and scheduling (HOPS 2008) to be held in Lausanne, Switzerland, sponsored by the European Science Foundation and particularly the COST office.
The conference will be hosted by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL) September 8 and 9, 2008 with the joint support of Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE)and the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW).
HOPS 2008 aims at providing an international forum for researchers and practitioners from different multidisciplinary areas to present their results, exchange information and to develop new ideas regarding the position of humans and the organisational aspects in planning and scheduling systems within challenging contexts.
HOPS 2008 welcomes:
- research papers
- project development and result analysis
- case studies related to the advances in the fields of human-centred planning and control
Contributions from researchers and practitioners are invited on a wide range ofmultidisciplinary topics, including but not limited to:
- Human planner and scheduler
- Tacit knowledge planning and scheduling
- Organization of planning and scheduling processes
- Inter- and Intra- organisational interfaces
- Performance Management across the Supply Chain
- Human information processing capabilities along the supply chain
- Human-centred planningand scheduling processes
- Design and support of the planning and scheduling task
- Human control capabilities
- Human-centred building ofplanning and scheduling IT
- Human-centreddesign of scheduling algorithms
- Task analysis methods for planning and scheduling
- Allocating scheduling functions to humans and algorithm
- Integration ofhuman decision-making in mathematical planning models
Potential contributors are invited to submit an extended abstract (500-800 words) for consideration for inclusion in the programme by June 1, 2008. Abstracts will undergo a peer review, and will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance: howwell does the paper fit into the scope of the conference?
- Significance: how important are the results of the paper?
- Originality: how new are the results in the paper?
- Clarity: how well are the results presented (format, language, style)?
- Scientific quality: is the paper technically correct?
- Impact: how much interest is the application likely to generate among practitioners and researchers?
A decision regarding acceptance will be made by June 22, 2008. At least one author of each accepted paper must register, attend the conference, and present the paper. After acceptance, full papers must be received by August 10, 2008, and should conform to the format and length requirements as specified in the instructions on the conference website. Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings in digital form on a USB key.
Each abstract should contain the name of the author(s), affiliation, postal address, and e-mail, all placed on a separate page along with the title of the paper. Please indicate the corresponding author and send your paper to email@example.com with ‘HOPS conference’ as subject.
Next steps will be detailed on the HOPS conference website: http://lgppwww.epfl.ch/HOPS/index.html
June 1st, 2008, Abstract Submission
June, 22nd , 2008 Notification of acceptance
August, 10th, 2008 Full paper submission
September, 8th and 9th, 2008 Conference
Registration fee includes the conference proceedings on a USB key, the banquet, the midday meals and coffee breaks over the duration of the conference.
Registration before August 10th, 2008 : 400 CHF (eq. 250 Euros)
Registration after August 10th, 2008 : 470 CHF
Naoufel Cheikhrouhou, Switzerland
Toni Wäfler, Switzerland
François Marmier, France
Jan Fransoo, Netherlands
Philip Moscoso, Spain
Contact: Conference secretariat
Mme Ruth Fiaux
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
CH-1007 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel : +41(0)21 693 2932
Fax : +41(0)21 693 3553
We hope to see you soon in Lausanne!!!